Register to get unlimited Level 2

Ryanair says Peter Bellew to return as chief operations officer

By Michele Maatouk

Date: Tuesday 17 Oct 2017

Ryanair says Peter Bellew to return as chief operations officer

(ShareCast News) - Budget airline Ryanair said on Tuesday that Peter Bellew will rejoin the group as chief operations officer.
Bellew, who is currently the chief executive of Malaysia Airlines, will take over responsibility for all Ryanair's flight operations, ground operations and engineering, but with a specific responsibility for pilot production, training and career development to ensure that the pilot rostering failure that occurred last month doesn't happen again.

Chief executive Michael O'Leary said: "We are pleased to welcome Peter back to Ryanair. Having worked previously in a senior role in our operations team, Peter has an unrivalled knowledge of our business model and how we maintain controlled growth, with industry leading punctuality, for the benefit of our customers and our people.

"Peter will lead a significant transformation in the way we reward and interact with our pilots, improve their working environment and career development over the coming years as we grow the fleet to some 600 aircraft and expand our traffic, at lower fares, to 200m customers per annum."

Ryanair said earlier this month that it had refunded or re-accommodated 98% of the customers who were hit by its flight cancellations, with the remaining 2% yet to contact the airline.

..

Email this article to a friend

or share it with one of these popular networks:


Top of Page